Wellness Exams for Pets Wilmington, DE
Our Wellness exams in Wilmington, DE help you take essential steps toward assuring your pet’s overall health. The best way to maintain your family’s best friend’s well-being is through biannual preventative check-ups.
Call Us Now!
Health Care Questionnaires
Please take a moment to print and complete these health care forms prior to bring in your dog or cat for an appointment.
Canine Health Questionnaire
Feline Health Questionnaire
Pet Wellness Care
Vaccinations For Dogs
- DHPP: Prevents distemper, adenovirus (hepatitis), parainfluenza and parvovirus.
- Leptospirosis: Aids in preventing Leptospirosis bacteria, which causes disease in people.
- Lyme: Aids in preventing Lyme disease. Since our area has one of the top rates of exposure, this vaccination is important to consider.
- Bordetella/Kennel Cough: Recommended every 6 months. This disease is highly contagious and can cause upper respiratory disease and even pneumonia.
- CIV/Canine Influenza Vaccine: A severe respiratory infection. Dogs that frequent dog parks, are kenneled or around other dogs are especially at risk.
- Rabies: This vaccination is required by law. Rabies is nearly always fatal in animals and humans.
Vaccinations For Cats
- FVRCP: Protects against the herpes virus, calicivirus, and parvovirus (which can lead to respiratory and GI disease).
- Feline Leukemia: Recommended for all cats that go outdoors and in some multi-cat households.
- Rabies: Required by law. Rabies is nearly always fatal in animals and humans.
Heartworm Prevention For Cats And Dogs
Heartworms cause damage to the heart and lungs and are life threatening to both cats and dogs and are spread by mosquitoes. We recommend year-round heartworm prevention via giving a monthly medication to cats and dogs.
Wellness Testing For Cats And Dogs
Intestinal Parasite Testing
Pets are susceptible to getting intestinal parasites, a source of disease in not only dogs and cats, but also in those who care for them. The four most common parasites affecting pets are roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms.
By performing fecal testing for parasites two times per year, we are able to identify, treat, and prevent the parasites your pet may come in contact with. The monthly medication used to prevent heartworm disease also aids in preventing parasites.
- Bloodwork (including CBC, Chemistry, and Thyroid) is essential for evaluating the condition of your pet’s internal organs.
- A CBC (complete blood count) delivers information to detect anemia, infection, abnormal blood cells, and blood-borne parasites.
- A Chemistry Screen assesses the kidneys, liver, and other organs. With a Chem Screen, we evaluate electrolytes, blood proteins, and glucose to monitor for the onset of diabetes.
- A Thyroid Screen evaluates the possibility of an overactive or underactive thyroid gland.
Have You Scheduled Your Pet’s Wellness Check-Up?
Contact us today to set up your pet’s wellness appointment. We also provide specialized services like dentistry, sick care, radiology, ultrasound, rehabilitation, boarding, and more.
Our caring, kind staff is committed to giving your pets the quality, state-of-the-art care they need—and giving you peace of mind.
Call Us Now!